Sunday, July 1, 2012

let's get started...

I am so excited to have discovered some amazingly inspiring work and people over the last few months and I feel I need to share the love a wee bit. I keep discovering new people/designs/events and I want to keep a record so hence the blog. 

One ladies work in particular was a huge first source of inspiration for me. I came across the following image while flicking through a magazine and it completely stood out for me. I LOVE the colours this amazing designer uses. I immediately made a note of her name and looked her up...basically her work is ace and has made me want to explore the world of pattern design :-)



This design in one in a collection for wallpaper. I think it would look awesome as a feature wall in a hallway if you could dare to be different. I can also visualise this design being used on fabric and upholstering a chair with it. Her bespoke pieces would be focal point to any room and even just used as cushions would immediately funk up a plain sofa. Clever lady, good work Ayme :-)


The Lowboy (Squint Limited)

If you're into being bold in your home or want to brighten up your office reception check out squint limited at www.squintlimited.com Cool combo's of colour and pattern are fused together on delicious pieces of classically designed furniture. 


'Iris' (rebeccaharrison)

Here's a piece of my own that I have been working on for a design competition with tigerprint. Think gift-wrap or perhaps even blinds for a small window to brighten up that downstairs bathroom.


to be continued soon....