Sunday, July 29, 2012

Emma Purdie


I have now completed Module 2 of 'The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design'. I have tried to absorb as much as I can and it's been an intensive learning curve but it has also been really inspiring. Over the last couple of weeks I decided to take a step back and spend some time working and developing a signature collection. It is taking shape slowly and I think I have a clearer idea of what my designs are about....watch this space!

Whilst working on my collection I am taking direction and inspiration by researching other designers. 

Emma Purdie is a British Designer based in Devon. I was attracted to her work because of her quite simple motif's that she develops into fun and interesting designs through her use of layers and interesting colour combinations.


Emma Purdie lampshade


Emma Purdie lampshade

Emma make's her work bespoke and special by allowing her client's to tailor their product exactly to their requirements. They choose from Emma's selection of designs and also choose their own colour combinations which Emma then hand paints onto silk before it is sent to be made into cushions or lampshades.



Emma Purdie cushion

You can check out Emma's design's at http://www.materialgirl.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment